10 Best Indestructible Dog Toys For Heavy Chewers and Rough Play
Importance Of Toys For Your Dog
Young dogs in particular enjoy playing, keeping active and discovering and exploring their new environment. The right toys can help your furry friend on this exciting mission of discovery and keep him physically, and dentally fit.
While as a puppy you can get toys that can help him with exercising his jaw muscles while chewing and as he grows the ones that clean his teeth and keeps him active. The chewing helps in removing tartar and plaque.
Toys are a great incentive for your dog to perfect his grabbing technique when playing fetch at the park. During your bonding time you can dangle an enticing toy within his reach to catch it. This is particularly good for your dog’s developing shoulder, back and neck muscles as he is able to stretch even his hind legs.
Features you should look for when choosing a Toy:
- Bright colours and high-contrast patterns. Your dog will be attracted and might love brightly coloured toys or toys with different shapes as they are appealing to his sight and will be challenging to play with. In contrast to popular belief, dogs do see in colour, just not in the same way as humans.
- Dangling toys. Toys dangling from above can help in his exercise activities. Reaching for toys will help develop his grasping skills too and stretch his back, neck, shoulder and hind legs keeping him fit.
- Strong material. Dogs are very destructive and you wouldn’t want to keep on buying toys, they love chewing hence an indestructible toy will be ideal for his chewing instincts. The chewing help to clean his teeth and remove tartar.
- Appealing toys. Dogs are aggressive hence you need a toy with different textures which are great for exploring. Feeling the difference between rough and crunchy will stimulate your dog’s senses. The squeakier and noisier the toy, the more excited and playful he will be! It is good to stimulate all his senses.
Check out the Best 10 Indestructible Dog Toys
Oneisall Durable Bone Chew Toy
A tasty bacon flavoured toy, safe for aggressive chewers and made from non-toxic nylon material, this toy will both help dogs relieve stress and clean his teeth. A good interactive and chew resistant toy, you can play together with pooch whilst they enjoy it. The toy comes in 3 sizes so ensure you get the right one for your dog.
- Safe material used and healthy for your dog.
- Best chewing toy to fulfil your dog natural biting instincts.
- Durable as it is Bite resistant. Non-toxic means it is safe if a piece is accidentally swallowed (always take pets to the vet if they swallow a piece of a toy).
- Promote dental health as it cleans teeth.
- Irresistible bacon flavour entices your dog to bite more and be active,reducing boredom.
2. Chuckit Ultra Ball
For dogs who love chasing a ball and like to give them good chew (our lab Titch was the best example!), these highly durable balls are perfect. Lasting much better than a standard tennis ball, these come highly rated and good value for money. They are also compatible with the launcher, if you want them to travel further! They’re bouncy, buoyant and bright, making them an ultra cool ball. Again, these toys come in different sizes, so choose the right one for your dog.
- Durable and great for aggressive chewers.
- Visible and high bounce, keeps your dog entertained and playful.
- Indestructible even after aggressive chew.
- Interactive and bonding toy as it can be used to play game of fetch with your dog.
3. KONG Extreme Dog Toy
A great dog toy allows you to keep your dog fit and playful without having to worry about him getting bored or stressed. Picking a durable toy for a powerful chewer can be challenging. Keep your pup healthy and safe with the all-natural and ultra durable rubber toy from KONG. The shape of the toy produces an uneven bounce to keep fetch games interesting. Come in a range of sizes, and we think these toys are great.
- Built to last for the most tough chewer.
- Can stuff treats and kibble for your dog.
- Very bouncy your dog will enjoy its playtime.
- Durable made from all natural rubber.
- Can be used to train positive behavior.
- Can be frozen – stuff with snacks for extended play.
4. KONG Scrunch Knots Squirrel Dog Toy
OK, so not completely indestructible! But if you have a chewer who loves a plush, this cute little chap might satisfy your pooches natural instincts for having a chew on a bit of roadkill..! There is an internal ‘skeleton’ made of rope knots, rather than fluffy (messy!) stuffing. An internal squeak will excite your dog and keep him interested, and with stretchy sides to create a bit of natural movement, pooch could be forgiven for thinking he’d caught his first squirrel! Also useful for a tug-o-war due to the knotted rope inside.
As the manufacturer says, these toys are designed for light to moderate chewing. Compared to other plush toys I’ve seen however, I think this will hold up a while longer!
- Soft plush with no internal stuffing for less mess
- Internal knotted rope for extra chewing durability
- Good for chewing and tug games
- Available in two sizes S/M and M/L
5. Roll Ring Toy
This may look like a simple tyre but dogs do love this toy, another fab all natural rubber product from KONG. The sidewalls of the tyre squash and rebound when chewed to provide more active chewing experience. Great for a bouncy game of fetch. It definitily deserves to be on our list, as it is virtually indestrctble.
- Durable made from extreme Natural rubber.
- Interactive toy, ideal for a game of fetch and chew sessions.
- Great for your dog chewing habits.
- Available in small and medium/large sizes.
6. Teethy Dog Toy
These bite resistant natural rubber treal balls are less of a fetch ball and more of a treat filled boredom-busting toy. They are not the most indestructible toy in our feature, but we like their ‘sawtooth’ design which helps to clean the dogs teeth as he tries to prize out a treat. They can be used as a training aid. A highly rated durable toy which will keep most dogs entertained for a good while, and of course we’d always suggest to keep it under supervision.
- Safe as it is made of natural rubber.
- Can be used in training your dog and rewarded by treats.
- Promote long hours of bonding with your dog.
- Ideal for cleaning your dog teeth and soothing gums.
- Durable-great for aggressive chewer dogs.
7. Wishbone Chew Toy
The Nylabone wishbone is specifically designed for heavy chewers. Nylabone products come in a vareity of sizes so check before buying. Choose a larger toy if your dog is between sizes as it is recommended that the dogs chew from the side, rather than top or bottom as this puts more stress on the teeth (we learn something everyday!) This medium wishbone is suitable for upto 35lbs according to the manufacturer. When it is chewed, tiny bristle-like projections come up which help to clean the dogs teeth. The chicken flavour permeates throughout, so this will keep your dog interested for longer. So there we go, another good choice from the USA to rival some of the KONGs, have a chew on this!
- Made specifically for powerful chewers.
- Made from durable nylon.
- Has chicken flavour that your dog will love.
- Interactive and entertaining toy for your pooch.
- Cleans teeth and controls plaque and tartar.
8. Rubber Ring Toy
Highly rated by our furry friends, even if to me, it looks a little unappetizing! The ring is safe as it is non-toxic to your dog. Yet another toy constructed of durable and safe nylon, we are reassured that it can withstand heavy amounts of chewing. This small size is suitable for puppies or small dogs, and we do like the knobbly texture which helps with oral health by removing plaque and tartar.
- Helps in cleaning teeth.
- Great for aggressive chewers.
- Durable nylon ring.
- Freshen breath and reduces bacteria.
- Suitable for dogs and puppies.
9. Nylabone Dura Chew
Another choice from the range by Nylabone, this XL bacon chew has knobbly bits and ridges all over which are great for teeth! Another ‘power’ chew, this is Nylabone’s most durable type of chew, promoting healthy non-destructive chewing habits and hours of boredom busting entertainment.
Tiny bristles are raised when chewed by the dog. These help with oral health and hygeine. Some dog owners have noted that they are too sharp for their dog, so we thought it was worth a mention and as always we promote use under supervision!
- Great for powerful chewers.
- Durable made from nylon.
- Keep dog breath fresh as it cleans teeth and reduces tartar.
- Can tolerate extreme chews.
10. Assorted Chew Toys
All pets love to explore with different toys, these collections of chew toys is wonderful as it is great for a game of fetch and tug of war. These colourful knotted ropes are made of natural cotton fibre and come with ten durable rope toys for chewing and playing. Which includes two tug ropes, several chew toys, one ball shape, and one animal shape, for fun variety. Give your dog these tough chew toys and save your furniture and carpet from tear and scratches. Always use under supervision; ripped toys cause a choke hazard.
- Safe as it is made from non-toxic materials.
- Great for cleaning your dogs’ teeth.
- Bonding session is enhanced as its’ perfect for exercises with games of fetch and tug of war.
- Attractive and keep your dog entertained and playful.
- Contains durable: Two knotted tug ropes, one ball shape, one animal shape, and chew toys.
- Comes in ten durable chew toys.
Dogs need stimulation both physically and mentally. These toys will provide your pet with the stimulation he or she needs. With the right toys your dog will feel great when playing as they provide a perfect way for them to do some exercise and exploring. Always supervise your dog when playing with chew toys and other toys. In case of swallowing consult your veterinarian. They are many dog toys in the market but with research and trials we have narrowed down to the best indestructible toys that can withstand even the powerful chewers.