Benefits of having an invisible pet fence
Over the years, I have received hundreds of dog fences success stories from friends and neighbours who own a furry friend. Personally, I was reluctant to get one until I noticed my dog could follow runners, marathoners or chase bunnies across the road. Just the thought of my dog being hit by a speeding car jolted my mind as our house was near the road.
Dog fence has worked for my friend Mike who owned multiple dogs and pets. I opted to get an invisible dog fence which has changed our lives and saved our dog Kiki as well. For most people, a dog fence has brought joy, peace, and fun.
The people installing the dog fence explained the system well and having done research on it was very pleased with the results. It is the best investment we have gotten for our pounds. My husband and I found a really nice balance between what we both wanted to do to ensure our dog has a great playing time during the day and while chasing bunnies around our large property.
Before the dog fence, I had to keep on calling my dog name every now and then when she was playing outside to just know her whereabouts. My husband and I now have so much time for each other during the late afternoon and not worried about our dog. I cannot express enough gratitude for my dog fence which has sincerely changed our life.
Safety is the best gift anyone could have ever given Kiki and our family and the dog fence did that. Using a dog fence is easy to follow and now our friends are jealous that our invisible dog fence keeps Kiki safely within the limited area throughout.
It does not limit us as we carry our invisible dog fence during our camps and any other outdoor activities to ensure even on the move Kiki is safe. No more hysterics at playtime outside, the place she loves to be.
The information on installation is simple and makes sense, it is not hard to implement and it really works for our dog. You can start at any point with your dog no matter how old your dog is. It has been seven months today with the dog fence and I feel so well rested and can tell the improvement of our dog behaviour is incredible. Our dog used to dig or pass through the spaces and escape through our previous bush fence costing us repair every now and then.
It was not very reliable but the invisible dog fence is’ hidden’ per say to our dog and keeps it within a defined boundary making it a better option.
How an invisible fence works
It is a simple setup not complex you can choose a professional to install for you or self-install after being trained or following the manual. An electric wire is installed underground and a receiver collar on the dog’s neck make up an invisible fence. The perimeter along which the wire is installed defines the boundary for the dog. If he gets too close to this boundary, the receiver on his collar will get a signal, causing it to beep. The dog will also receive a mild electric shock if it tries to leave the true boundary set for it.
An invisible dog fence is the most effective way to guarantee that your dog stays on your property. Majority of dog fences use stable correction, auditory signals or vibration stimuli to warn the dog when he/she is going out of the restricted area.
Types of invisible pet fences
They are two kinds:
- Wireless dog fences
A wireless fence provides an optimum solution if your dog is well trained, it can prevent your dog from running into the road, street or getting lost. Wireless fences do not require the installation of a wire underground as it uses computer GPS or radio signal that determine yard perimeter. A transmitter emits a signal within a given area, and when the dog gets close to the boundary, the collar begins beeping and causes a mild shock.
- Portable-pet owners who have to travel often wonder where to leave their pets when travelling or have to look for a care giver for their dog while going away for a trip. This wireless dog fence is a good solution you can train your dog to respond to the warning beep after correction.
- Easy to set -the best thing about wireless dog fence is that setting it up and using it takes little of your time. After investing in it all you need to do is train your dog to obey her boundaries and then you can allow her into the yard to play or exercise. It is advantageous over a traditional and in-ground fence in terms of travelling and conservation.
- Safety-this dog fence keeps your dog safe and healthy with adequate exercise and less chance of turning aggressive either to your household or to strangers. Your pet certainly cannot be injured or seriously hurt from an invisible fence unit. Many vets and pet professionals recommend wireless and in-ground dog fences as a safe, smart, and convenient way to let your dog roam around your property without worry.
- Limited to obstructions-between the transmitter and the collar receiver there is need for no or few obstructions as possible, no tree, rocks and shrubs between the transmitter and the boundary line of your wireless fence or it will not be effective.
- Expensive if the area covered is big. The wired system is more expensive to maintain if a problem ensues.
- In-ground fences
In-ground fence can be of customized shape to fill all the corners and turns of your yard. It is ideal for a small space and you can set true boundary in your yard for your pet. Here a string of wire is dug into the perimeter of your yard. The main transmitter unit connects with the physical wire perimeter, which then communicates boundary information with the dog’s collar.
- Can be expanded when need arises. The wires can easily be connected to others expanding the fence as far as you want.
- Easy training- In ground fence help to train your dog to his true boundaries and more freedom in his own territory easily.
- A stable signal as long as you can bury a continuous wire.
- Not portable nor easily adjustable and difficult to use while traveling.
- Time consuming-the expansion of the boundary may be time consuming as you will need to dig up, lay it out again and attach the boundaries which might take several hours to set up.
- Professional installation-requires a professional if installation is complex to avoid damaging other pipes underground, for instance, water pipes.
Kiki is now kept safe and contained into our property with no fence to dig or wire to tear. The dog fence wireless system has changed our lives for the better whether at home or on the road traveling. It works and has worked for us going on the seventh month now. If you are a dog owner, you most likely consider the dog to be just as much a part of your family as you do your children or even your spouse. There is truly something wonderful about having a four-legged friend in your life. The last thing you want to happen is for your dog to head outside and roam free to where the dog simply wanders off and cannot find its way home or wind up in a fatal accident. Having a dog fence is a great way to protect your special family pet.