Our Top 10 Automatic Dog Feeders to keep Your Dog from Feeling Hungry
Best Automatic Dog Feeders in 2020
One of the best ways to keep dogs healthy is to feed them the right amount of food. Too little and a dog can suffer from nutritional deficiencies, too much eventually results in obesity and all of the health problems.
Automatic feeders offer a safe and easy way to feed your dog, whether you are at work or away as they can be programmed to deliver food at set times and different quantities.
Automated feeders are another savvy use of modern technology, removing the need for a human to be present at all feeding times! Some may say this brings disadvantages in terms of an opportunity lost for training or bonding, however sometimes out of necessity we need to leave our pets, and we think that these feeders are a great way to ensure pooch stays happy while you are out – and even at home too, as our lives get busier, take the hassle out of feeding time!
1. 6.5L Automatic Voice Recorder Pet Feeder
Great food dispenser that allows flexibility of portion size, it is a programmable device that is straight forward and easy to use. You can regulate whether your dog has more at certain times of the day than others which is brilliant. Built-in 10 seconds voice recorder and speaker ensures your pet is fed on time when he is called. This is great for portion control and regular feeding. Kibble size no more than 0.39″x0.39″, therefore it may exclude some brands of food.
- Up to 4 meals a day.
- Keep your food dry and clean.
- Voice recording to call food time.
- Build-in infrared sensor helps to stop dispensing when there is food left in the bowl.
- Ultra-Low power consumption.
- D battery or USB powered
- Rated 4.9 in Amazon.
2. Bunty Automatic Food Dispenser
A good entry level 6 feed dispenser which can hold wet or dry food in the washable tray, the bunty dispenser can be programmed to set times, and has a voice recorder to alert your pet to feeding time. Perhaps not as technical as some of the others on the market, it still does the job. One of the cheapest feeders we reviewed; if you are on a budget and don’t need to schedule too many feeds, then this is probably all you need.
- 6-meal automatic pet feeder.
- Record a voice message for your pet when the compartments open.
- The six separate washable food trays will hold 175ml of dry and wet food catering for cats and small, medium and large dogs.
- It requires 4x C batteries
- Rate 4.1 in Amazon.
3. Cat Mate C3000 Automatic Dry Food Feeder
I like that I have the ability to control portion size. This feeder automatically closes off the opening so pet cannot fish out more food. The portion control feature allows for small incremental changes in the amount of food dropped each feeding time great for controlling weight issues of pets. The dry food feeder features an easy to use LCD control, allowing you to program up to 3 individually sized meals a day. Suitable for cats and small dogs, meal sizes are from 10g upwards, and there is the option for ‘frequent feed’ delivering numerous small portions throughout the day, good for pets with problems like diabetes.
- Large 3 kilogram dry food hopper.
- Easy clean, dishwasher-proof food lid, hopper, bowl and feeding mechanism.
- Pet-proof snap lock lid and self-closing feed nozzle.
- Battery operated LCD control requires 4 x C cell batteries (not supplied).
- 3 year guarantee.
- Rate 4.4 in Amazon.
4. HoneyGuaridan Automatic Pet Feeder
Getting a bit more high tech now, this feeder can dispense portions from 1 to 80 portions of 0.28 oz . Moreover, this automatic dog & cat feeder can be scheduled for up to 6 meals a day. Has a built-in infrared sensor to alert when the food bowl is full which turns red. Not only can it hold 13 cups of dry food but it also can feed an adult dog for 3 days, and even when you are away your pet will be fed. This feeder can work off mains or 4 ‘D’ batteries. Subsequently, the dispenser has a built-in voice recorder and a speaker to call your pets to their meal with a 10-seconds-long message.
- 24-hour Feeding time setting.
- Dual power supply system.
- Red HG warning display when the bowl is empty.
- Low battery indicator.
- 20s Voice recording.
- Built-in distribution alarm.
- Anti-jam design and locking mechanism.
- Easy to Wash with removable food container and stainless steel food bowl.
- Rate 4.3 in Amazon.
5. PetSafe Digital Pet Feeder
This basic two portion feeder can be programmed up to 4 days in advance to give 200g dry food per portion. It runs on 4 x ‘AA’ batteries. It is simple, and may be all that you require if leaving you pet alone just for one day.
- Dual locking lids cover food to keep it fresh and secure.
- Two dishwasher safe.
- Automatic pet feeder with LCD display.
- Suitable for cats and dogs.
- Programmable up to 4 days in advance.
- 2 food trays with 355 ml of dry pet food each.
- 2 year warranty.
- Rate 4.5 in Amazon.
6. YGJT Automatic Pet Feeder
This a basic, non electrical pair of food and water dispensers. Here at rangers dog we know that our beloved pooches have a bit of an appetite, and perhaps could quite happily munch, munch, munch through a steady stream of readily available food.. perhaps more suited to cats and less greedy breeds of dog (if such a pooch exists?! If you have one let us know), these are gravity feeders. Made from food grade plastic, safe, non-toxic, easy to assemble. We wanted to make you aware of a simpler alternative to electrical, programmable gadgets but portion control is not guaranteed!
- Made of food grade plastic, safe, non-toxic and eco-friendly, good choice of food and water feeder for your puppy pets.
- Capacity: 3.75L.(0.99Gals) for each piece enough to last upto a week.
- Make your pet enjoy fresh and clean food and water automatically.
- Easy to clean as it can be detached.
- One food dispenser with one water dispenser.
- Rate 4.6 in Amazon.
7. Cat Mate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder with Digital Timer
Easy to use and makes a decent feeder for a low price. This feeder is particularly suitable for feeding both wet and dry fresh foods to your pet as it has inbuilt ice packs. Just program the easy to use digital timer to the required meal times, space for up to 5 meals of 330g which can feed two cats or a small dog. You can clean in a dishwasher – good for messier wet food.
- Serves up to 5 meals at your pet’s normal meal times.
- Twin ice packs help keep food fresh.
- Suitable for cats and small dogs.
- Battery operated.
- 3 Year Guarantee.
- Rate 4.4 in Amazon.
8. Karlie Duo Food and Water Dispenser 5 Litre
The Karlie 44046 Duo feeder is an economical option that will keep your pet satisfied as well as hydrated all day long. Your pet will always have enough as the feeder can hold from one to three meals of 15-300g per meal so suitable for larger dogs too. Easy to use for any dog owner, with a sliding drawer at the bottom of the feeder can be manually opened and closed so that the food can slip into the bowl for accurate portion control. Detachable lids for easy re-fill Regulated food rationing 5-liter container The water dispenser ensures a constant fresh supply of water.
- Water and food are always available for your dog.
- 5L large capacity, act as storage compartment can keep pet food dry and fresh, clean.
- 5kg food dispenser with adjustable food portioning.
- Regular and quantitative of 1~3 meals per day.
- Easy to clean/handle.
- Particularly suited to diabetic pets, and puppies and kittens that require small feeds at regular intervals.
- Rate 4.0 in Amazon.
9. Trixie Pet Food Dispenser
With two separate food compartments you can consider putting wet and dry food. Dogs, especially puppies can be rather picky and prefer wet dog food. Additionally, wet food is more palatable for dogs. For the price, you cannot beat it! It works excellently with the 48 hr timer. Wet dog food contains more waterand this dispenser will be extremely helpful for dogs prone to dehydration or those that just don’t drink enough water.
No overfeeding with a set time your pet gets 2 meals of portions not more than 300g. This is worth a look if you need to leave your pet for longer or perhaps need the assistance that an automatic feeder gives, making the task of frequent feeding easier for you.
- Includes 2 ice packs for keeping food fresh.
- Can hold enough dry food and wet food in the two-compartment separately.
- Dispense up to 2 meals a day at certain times set.
- The feeder can be time set to dispense meals.
- Suitable for cats, dogs, and small animals.
- Rate 4.1in Amazon.
10. PetSafe Healthy Automatic Pet Feeder
The unit itself is essentially a big plastic box with a conveyor belt and little buckets that deliver the food and drop it out in set quantities. Programming is easy if you follow the instructions when hopper runs empty. You can set up to 12 meal, making it ideal for dog owners who love travelling as this will ensure the pets food is enough when you are away.
- Total capacity of 5,678 ml.
- Can store dry or semi moist food.
- Dishwasher friendly.
- BPA free.
- Suitable for dogs and cats of any size.
- Ideal for on the go owners.
- Easy to clean as it can be taken apart keeping each serving fresh.
- Allowing owners to adapt the amount of food served, from 29 ml to 940 ml, giving the ideal serving for any Pet.
- Feeder can set up to 12 meals a day for your furry friend making it flexible.
- 2 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Rate 4.2 in Amazon.
The automatic pet feeder is suitable for regular quantitative automatic feeding of pets such as cats and dogs. Let your pet develop a good habit of regular quantitative diet. Even if you go out for a short time (no limit on the number of days, even if you use it every day) or temporarily cannot go home, do not worry about your pet diet problem, with a good automatic feeder life will be easy and convenient for you and your pet.