Best Dog Ramps
Let’s face it, a majority of us would easily choose to lift our dogs into the car, on the bed or coach any day just to show some love and care. The ramps have made it more convenient and faster and less stressful for you and your pet. Carrying our pet up and down the stairs can have a significant impact on your overall health positive, as this menial exercise can deliver benefits that can last years. Plus, it is an easy exercise to build into our daily lives but will leave you tired and stressed especially as your pet ages.
On a light note the next time you are feeling stress about an upcoming activity carry your heavy pet up the stairs and you will appreciate the power of a ramp.
What is a Dog Ramp?
A dog ramp is an access tool for dogs having difficulty accessing high or lower surfaces. Therefore, A Ramp or Inclined plane is a simple machine and as defined in Wikipedia as a flat supporting surface tilted at an angle, with one end higher than the other, used as an aid for raising or lowering a load in this case pets/dogs in cars, pools, boats, stairs, sofas and beds or even during dog training exercises. Dog when aging can be injured or suffer from arthritis causing them pain when climbing up your car, bed or settee. With a dog ramp an injured dog will feel welcome in your adventurous road trips.
Types of dog ramps
There are many different types of dog ramps. The most common designs are bi-fold, tri-fold and free-standing. Dog ramps can also have different surface materials such as grip tape (with or without reflective markings) or carpet.
Permanent and semi-permanent ramps are usually of aluminum, concrete or wood. Most dog ramps are of different materials and have various features to choose from which are beneficial to you and your pet. We have given a list of the best 10 for you to choose from.
- Reflective ramps provide extra safety when loading and unloading your pet. The high contrast markings also aid in guiding your pet up and down the ramp.
- Permanent ramps are designed to be bolted or otherwise attached in place.
- Semi-permanent ramps rest on top of the ground or concrete pad and are commonly used for the short term.
- Portable ramps are usually aluminum and typically fold for ease of transport. Portable dog ramps are primarily intended for home and building use but can also be used with vans when on a road trip with your pet. Portable ramps are made of lightweight materials and can fold for ease of transport.
The 10 Best Dog Ramps
# 1. Solvit PetSafe Telescopic Dog Ramp
A dog needs love and care and providing a convenient, lightweight alternative to ease his movement into and out of your car will be a great gift to him. The PetSafe Solvit Deluxe Dog Ramp is ideal for getting your Pets into the car with absolute ease.
If you love outdoor activities your dog can accompany you everywhere as the ramp is very sturdy and not that heavy surprisingly. You can use it against a four wheel van which is quite high up off the ground and I would say the angle is fine as the innovative construction allows the Deluxe Dog Ramp to maintain its strength and durability whilst still being lightweight and portable.
With raised guiding rails and a textured anti slip surface for grip, Senior Pets with mobility issues can use this dog ramp with ease as it is very sturdy.
Absolutely brilliant in speed of delivery, quality and ease of use, you can train your nervous and older furry friend while wearing a slip-on lead while leading it up the ramp, to get it to walk in and out of the car and can use a treat to make it fast.
It is easy to regulate because it is telescopic and does not flex when extended and good for heavy dog who have suffered operation procedures as the ramp comes with sandpaper finish which is good for your dog’s grip.
- Lightweight as ramp is easily transportable weighing only 5.89 kg.
- Provides convenience and mobility for adventurous Pet parents.
- Durable, sturdy design can hold over 180 kg and provides a comfortable walking surface for any Pet.
- Ideal for senior pets or those with mobility issues as the textured gripping surface helps to stop slips and falls.
- Comes with raised rails that guide your pet when on the ramp boosting his confidence.
- Adjustable for Pets of all sizes from 99.06 cm to 182.88 cm.
# 2. Pet Gear Travel Lite Tri-Fold Ramp with supertraX
Every dog owner need a ramp that allows your pet easy access into your car or other places. Ideal with its superior features from a removable mat for good grip and a latch to carry it along when travelling with your pets made possible with the built-in carry handle for easy transportation and a patented Tri-Fold design which reduces storage space.
Very sturdy and high quality product. This one is a good balance of strength and weight. With an active dog, this sturdy ramp is ideal and will work for you.
The removable supertraX mat is pressure activated, meaning your pet will easily be able to grip into the mat, simply by putting weight on it. The supertraX mat is much preferred to other types of carpet treads because it allows your pet’s paws to have a greater surface area contact with the ramp, creating greater stability. The mat is also removable for easy cleaning.
You do not want your pet to topple over and be stressed to go anywhere with you, this ramp comes with a bottom grippers and included safety tether that help the ramp maintain a steady position.
- SupertraX mat is soft, protecting pets’ paws.
- Auto interiors; removable for easy cleaning.
- Pressure activated grip allows for pets’ paws to easily grip into the mat, providing sure-footing.
- Raised edges help prevent pet from slipping off of the side.
- Built-in handle and easy fold for portability.
- Patented Tri-Fold design for compact storage.
- For pets up to 200 Lbs.
# 3. Pet Gear Travel Lite Tri-Fold Reflective Ramp
Is your pet heavy or large? If so this ramp is heavy duty enough to handle a 200 pound pet. If you need to get him in and out of the car during his regular veterinarian visit, love to go to the park, the pet store, and outside events like family barbeques it will serve you well. The Petgear Travel-Lite Tri-Fold Ramp will get you there as the folding design reduces storage space at home or on the go and the carry handle facilitates easy transportation. The ramp can get your pet in and out safely without you having to pick him up, and you are back on the road again peacefully.
The Tri-Fold ramp handles your 200 pounds dog well all you need to do is put a treat, its favourite toy or self on the ramp to assist help him walk along.
The tread is skid-resistant, even when wet, keeping your pet steady. Rubber grippers on the bottom of the ramp help it maintain a stable position. The Pet Gear Reflective Pet Ramp helps your dog maintain confidence when gaining access into your vehicle or other hard to reach places.
- High-visibility reflective material aids in guiding your pet up and down the ramp.
- Side safety reflectors allow for maximum visibility when the ramp is in use.
- Slip-resistant surface provides sure footing and rubber grippers on bottom help keep ramp steady.
- Easy fold for compact storage and built-in handle for portability.
- Dimensions: 71″L x 19.5″W x 4″H; suitable for pets up to 200 pounds.
- Keeping the ramp(s) steady is the biggest challenge but you can use the provided safety tether attachment at the top to keep the ramp from sliding away from the car.
# 4. Trixie Pet Ramp
Your pet with its small paws can still have access to your car easily as the Trixie pet ramp tread is skid-resistant even when wet to keep your pet steady. Your pet cannot fall as it is constructed from durable plastic with a non-slip coating. Your dog safety is considered as the side rails protect your pet from slipping and is built to last your dog’s lifetime.
The Bi-Fold Pet Ramp allows your dog easy access into your vehicle or other hard to reach places. Safety and storage were adhered to when designing it as The Bi-Fold design reduces storage space! And of course this ramp with its absence of sharp edges can be used safely in the house too as the non-slip rubber feet help keep ramp in place while in use.
It has awesome features making it a high quality ramp. Ideal for protecting pet’s joints, this ramp is also recommended for pets with Arthritis. Collapsible for quick and easy storage. For cleaning simply wipe away any messes with a damp cloth.
- Anti-slip coating and safety rails on the side.
- Protects the joints of the pet.
- Highly recommendable in cases of arthritis and arthritis.
- Can be used for preventive measures.
- Easy to store as it is collapsible and lightweight.
- Easy to clean as a damp cloth is all you need.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
# 5. Pet Ramp Safety Engineered by Doghealth
Having your pet beside you might be a priority and a mind boggling idea. You can have a medium size dog near you that you do not want to be away from anytime? Do not be grieved as the safety engineered ramp, you will love as it is a great solution for any dog who has trouble getting into the car.
The ramp is indeed light and solid, sufficiently long for many uses and comfortably wide enough with raised sides to encourage confidence for my medium size dog and suit many car types.
It has a good non-slip surface for grip and is graduated at both ends for ease of access and exit. Its price compared to others on the market is pocket friendly and is mindful of your dog car experience.
One keen detail I noticed from my own experience this ramp is perfect for my purposes; access to my car back-seat for my friends’ arthritic dog who found it painful to be lifted.
Its new design replaces traditional design which had stick on sandpaper, the new surface gives better traction and is easier to clean for any dog owner.
- Safer and easier to maintain ramp with its improved model.
- Lightweight 11lb/ 5kg.
- Anti-Slip Surface – Very strong will hold up to 90kg (200lb).
- Available through trusted supplier.
- Dimensions: 61″ x 15.7″ x 7.5″. (155 x 40 x 19cm) Folded dimensions: 31″L x 15.7″W x 7.5″D (79 x 40 x 19cm) 2.4″ (6cm) raised sides
# 6. PetSafe Solvit Ultrlite Bi-Fold Pet Ramp
Treat your pet frequently walking up and down the ramp until they are happy and comfortable walking on their own into your car or raised places for trucks, SUVs and other areas. The UltraLite Bi-fold Pet Ramp allows pets to safely get up and down with less stress on their joints (and yours). It is the most economical model and the lightest full-size ramp on the market! It weighs only 10 lbs. and able to supports over 150 lbs.!
Finally our pets can have a sure footing with its high traction walking surface which provides a non-slip tread that is easy on pets’ paws. Four rubber feet give the ramp stability and the raised rails on either side provide pets with confidence as they walk up and down the ramp. The built-in safety release latch secures the ramp while it is being carried or stored.
The high traction walking surface provides a textured surface that is similar to truck beds and skate boards to help prevent slips; perfect for older pets or pets with mobility issues.
The PetSafe Solvit UltraLite Bi-fold Pet Ramp is perfect for older pets, smaller pets or pets recovering from illness or injury. Whether you want your dog not to be injured as it jump or due to old age you are well taken care off with a Solvit Bi fold ramp as it help make sure your pet gets in and out of your car comfortably.
- Light and durable as it weighs just 10 lbs. and can hold over 150 lb.
- Space saving design ensures the ramp folds in half for easy carrying and storage.
- Ideal for old and injured pet with the high traction walking surface which provides a textured surface to help prevent slips.
- Easy to carry, comes with a safety release latch helps prevent accidental openings.
- Total ramp measurements are 62 in. x 16 in. x 4 in good for dogs of all sizes.
# 7. Pet Gear 2 Step Stairs
You can buy these 2 steps stairs for your pet if they have hip dysplasia and who can’t normally get into your car without difficulty. If your puppy is still small and cannot get into the rear seats which are still too high this pet gear 2 step is ideal for you. It can build your pet confidence up with time as it has wide, deep steps to give smaller dogs the ability to get their entire body on each platform and large dogs the ability to comfortably climb the stairs indoors
It is certainly strong enough to support your dog get in and out of the car and able to drive him to the beach and the vet which could be the reasons you can buy them in the first place as it can hold a capacity of 150 lbs.
Its’ most important features is the innovative incline of each step which reduces the amount of stairs needed to climb, eliminating stress on your pet. The carpet tread is easily removable and machine washable, easily snaps together as no tools are required.
Portable especially in your outdoor adventures with your furry friend as you can store in the boot without taking up too much space. It is light and easy to move around, but still sturdy and blend nicely with your home décor as it is a very cute set of doggie steps.
These steps can give you a great bonding time with your pet as it ensure easy climb to your bed during those chilly winter or cold night and you can cuddle together to sleep.
- Removable carpet for easy cleaning and machine washable.
- Wider and deeper stair landings for small and large dogs
- Rubber grippers on bottom keep step secure and in place.
- Snaps together very easily no time wasting in assembling.
- Step height 6″.
# 8. Pet Studio Dog RampSteps
These are excellent stairs as they are made from a very sturdy and attractive dark wood and come pre-assembled so all you need to do is pop the stairs into place when assembling. They are much bigger in length and has a nice handle on the back side to help carry it and super easy to set. This set of stairs is well-designed and light-weight, folds up easily, is small enough to fit in the trunk (when folded up), and is easily converted from a ramp to a set of stairs and back again.
If your dog was injured in an accident, broke his leg you do not want your dog jumping into the car while he heals, and you are not able to lift him up, the rampstep will do it all for you and your dog as its Innovative design converts steps into an easy-to-use ramp to reach sofas, beds, and more.
Provides comfort and a good walk steps covered with soft, non-slip, easy-clean carpeting it is perfect for aging or arthritic pets. Folds flat for storage as handle and steps can lock in place increase portability as you can carry it everywhere your pet goes.
Ideal for your pets as the Sturdy cherry-finished pine frame holds pets up to 130 lbs. Each step measures 12″D x 16″W and can also be available in 3 steps for your dog safety when it grows bigger.
- Easily convert from steps to a ramp to make it easy for aging or arthritic pets to reach sofas, beds, and more.
- Easy to use as no assembly required.
- Sturdy mahogany-finished pine frame holds pets up to 130-pounds.
- Comfortable and safe as it is covered with soft, non-slip, easy-clean carpeting.
# 9. Popamazing Folding Pet Steps Ramp for Large/Small Dogs/Cats Wooden 3 Steps Pet Stairs/Ladders
Pet can climb with confidence in your vehicles or other areas with the popamazing pet steps. If it suits your dog the safety side rails let your pet climb with confidence into your vehicle gracefully. The soft and comfortable velvet surface will keep your dog from sliding when climbing up and down the steps.
They fold nice and flat, are surprisingly sturdy, come fully assembled and are super easy to open up. The steps can also be set up as a ramp but personally if you can get your dog to use this as steps then I think there is less chance of slipping. Each step is covered in a strong black fabric that wipes clean when require. These steps can accommodate pets’ up to 36 kg.
- Sturdy wood construction.
- Strong iron rack for supporting the stair step.
- Screws on the side for fixing the step steadily.
- No assembly required, and can be fold down for easy storage.
- Suitable for large and small dogs, cats and other pets large or small.
- Soft and comfortable velvet surface design for strong grip.
- Protect your dog’s joints and can also be anti-slip.
- Ideal for Little/Old Pets to Reach Their Favourite Places.
- Can Use as Pet Stairs in Home and Pet Ramp for Car Outdoor.
# 10. Rosewood Free Standing Pet Ramp
Free-standing ramps do not need to be attached to a vehicle and are an excellent choice for large dogs as they can support extra weight without excess wobbling or bending.
You can buy this ramp for your aging and large furry friends who find the steep steps into your car too hard for their arthritic hips. It can take a bit of time while training them possibly a couple of days and many treats to run up and down to get used to the ramp.
It is easy to fold up and store, very strong and does the job even for large dogs. Free standing ramp allows your dog easy access into your vehicle or other hard to reach places. Carpet tread provides sure-footing and is removable for easy cleaning.
It has rubberized bottom grippers for secure placement and has raised edges to help prevent pets from slipping off the side or while trying to get into your bed. Easy to fold for compact storage when on the road.
The ramp is wider which is good, because the dogs feel more comfortable going up and down on a wider surface. It’s also tall enough to reach almost to the top of a 27 inch tall, king sized bed.
- Free standing ramp has rubber feet, removable ‘sure grip’ carpet for your dog safety.
- Easily folded for storage and good for travel and outdoor activities with your pet.
- Easy set up.
- Raised edges help prevent slipping off the side.
- Size 56″l x 16″w x 23″h. for pets up to 200lbs
- However it is bulky and heavy so find it difficult to handle for car use but would be great in a permanent spot
A ramp means that your dog will not need lifting into the car and can be trained to exit without jumping or injuring themselves. Dog owners are just looking for a comfortable and a portable dog ramp to allow you travel with your furry friend and not isolate them on your outdoor activities as this can make all the difference in your dog life experience.
Dogs love nature and socializing despite their health if they are injured, sick or old is not an excuse and with a good dog ramp we can help them get in and out of our cars and enjoy family time and memories together. Your dog might not be able to lift itself as fast as possible as when it was young due to age and painful joints, these ramps are design to give a solution to this issue.
Transporting injured and old pets does not have to be a cumbersome issue any more in regards to our dogs as we have a variety to choose from starting with permanent, semi-permanent and portable dog ramps constructed with different materials. At the end of the day dog ramps makes it easy to load your dog into your car for that road adventure or just climb into your bed indoor. Make it a treasured experience by getting one.