How to use a Dog whistle effective as an outdoor training tool
Dog Whistle Training
Ever thought of going the whistle way when training your dog. Some dogs can be cunning and hard-headed when instructions are given. One can get a great everyday dog whistle to use to recall and give other commands to your furry friend.
Training your dog outside can be very welcoming especially during summer or when the temperatures are accommodating. I had realized over the years Kiki has become familiar with my command to a point of not responding. I do not know if it is being lazy or rude but my dog whistle does the trick. Every time I blow it I jolt here from her utopia world.
If your training will be long or in a noisy place you can comfortably use a dog whistle. A dog whistle can help you train your dog, eliminate or stop dog barking along with obeying basic command. You can adjust the whistle to find a response frequency of any dog.
A dog whistle can easily be adjustable to train your dog command and discipline over either short or long distances. The dog whistle can be carried anywhere as it is small and flexible, can be carried and used at the park, trips, hike whenever you go.
Your dog can stroll or wander away when you are not aware, you can blow your whistle to beckon her back.
How to use a dog whistle.
- Adjust the pitch and blow the whistle to train your dog.
- Continue testing until your dog responds. It shows you that your dog can hear the pitch.
- Have different cues for different pitches, for instance, a long whistle might mean come, while a short one means sit.
- Keep your whistle command consistent and your dog will always know what you expect of him.
- If your dog is not great at commands start using the whistle, if it responds positively reward it with a treat.
- Transfer your command to the whistle. You can use a long blast then say sit and when your dog sits reward it with a treat. You can use the Automatic bowl/feeder to give a treat.The dog will eventually learn the cue. After a long time, you can stop using the verbal command.
- Repeat this routine on multiple training session until the dog sits without giving it a treat.
- A whistle can be used to give a command to stop a fight and to call your dog towards you.
- A whistle is mostly used by the military training their dogs but is also good and effective for dog owners who want to use verbal cues alongside commands when training their dogs.
We have selected a few favourite whistles that Kiki uses when we do outdoor training on behaviour, picking toys or just giving commands to her which are very effective and can help your dog.
Best Dog Whistle and Where to Buy Them!
1. Professional Ultrasonic Dog Training Whistle
This professional ultrasonic whistle is a great training aid for any dog. It will ensure you have their full attention whilst training and your dog can hear you from afar. You will be able to train your dog using ultrasonic frequencies which it can hear.
- The whistle is adjustable to find the perfect frequency for your dog.
- Matching Lanyard allows you to wear the whistle so it is always to hand.
- Comes with a training book to ease your burden of training.
2. Acme Dog Whistle
Acme dog whistle is an easy blowing, ultra high pitch without cork whistle. It produces a solid tone with a single extremely high frequency and your dog can hear from a distance. I honestly think Acme Dog whistle worked for my dog Kiki, it made all the difference, once she becomes accustomed to our distinctive pitch of the whistle we stuck with that. The secret is if you ever lose your original whistle just buy another one of the same pitch. That’s the great thing about the Acme whistles – the same pitch is guaranteed, even if you have to buy a new one. Our Labrador retriever responds immediately to the Acme whistle over long distances, even in windy conditions. I made sure I got a lanyard when buying the whistle, it makes it much harder to lose and ensures it is available the second you need it when you are out walking the neighborhood.
- Ultra High Pitch
- Comes in various colours to choose from
- Can buy an exact one with the same pitch in case it gets lost
- It is affordable and effective.
- Produces solid tone with high frequency.
3. CLIX Multi-Purpose Whistle
Clix multipurpose whistle is a good all-round whistle perfect for any pet dog owner and professional alike. Made from tough steel yet a lightweight design providing a clear whistle. It is designed to suit dogs and puppies alike, CLIX is a comprehensive range of training aids for both the complete beginner and the experienced professional dog trainer.
- A good all-round whistle perfect for the pet dog owner and professional alike
- Made from tough steel yet a lightweight design providing a clear whistle.
- Strong, clear sound
- Key Ring Attachment
- Free training guide, featuring tips and easy to follow instructions included in every pack.
4. Giveet Dog whistle training tool for dogs
Giveet Dog Whistle is ideal for dog’s whistle training, very popular and proven to be an effective mechanism to train your dog without hurting your pet through shocks and other means. It has a Consistent sound when you blow it at different times, your dogs can always hear the same tone. It will not confuse your dog at all. Your dog is able to hear the whistle clearly at distances of up to 200 yards. You can hear the sound too clearly of the cues you are blowing.
- Great training tool
- It has a consistent sound and carries well, also strong, rigid construction. Adjust to Your Dog’s Hearing: Different dogs respond to different frequencies.
- Our whistle has a nut and screw that would adjust the frequency to a suitable frequency when turned.
- Can be used to teach your dog obedience and basic skills.
Dog whistles are very popular and proven to be an effective mechanism to train your dog without hurting your pet through shocks and other means. We thought you would like to know that we love your dog as you do, please do not risk to blow the whistle too close to him with too much force even if you cannot hear any sound, your dog hears and the loud noise blaring may hurt him. Different dogs respond to different frequencies. You can adjust your whistle to different frequencies and pitches that your dog understands. With training, a dog whistle is a great tool for you to teach your dog obedience and to learn basic skills and even advanced movements as you whistle different commands to him. Enjoy the experience as your train your best friend.