10 Best Dog Cameras in 2019
What is a dog camera?
You may think that a dog camera is just a normal CCTV camera but with the word ‘dog’ attached. Well, technically you could get one of these but real dog cameras available in the UK can be interactive and are specifically designed for the use of keeping an eye on your dog. It is possible to keep an eye on your dog remotely when you are not around, check on his wellbeing or find out if he’s OK or anxious, with the option of throwing him a treat? With the modern technology dog cameras have become more common and for a great reason, it is a gadget to invest in.
Dog cameras are easy to access or monitor your dog with a smartphone or tablet. The dog camera gives you peace of mind as you are able to check on your dog from anywhere and at any time. This has improved dog owners life tremendously as they are not stressed about their dogs’ wellbeing. Likewise, dog cameras like Furbo have been developed with vets and behaviouralists with the aim of reducing a dogs separation anxiety when they are left.
Useful features dog cameras
- To keep an eye on your dog.
- Can dispense treat and make feeding time fun.
- The night vision models make your dog visible at night or in a dim environment enabling easy monitoring.
- Can be used as a training tool especially in a dog crate.
- With a microphone, you are able to be in constant communication with your dog.
- Less stress for the dog owner as you are able to monitor your dog remotely when on vacation or at work or away.
The cameras come in different ranges and features. They can be simple to high specification options with:
- Night vision.
- Two-way microphone or one-way microphone.
- Treat dispensing.
- Outdoor usage, Wi-Fi enabled and app monitoring.
- High video capture and some need a memory card or subscription to a cloud service at extra cost
- Rotating screen to capture your dog at different angles.
- Options to suit all budgets
The Best Dog Cameras
Here is our current top ten picks for best dog cameras. We update our reviews regularly in accordance with the current market. There is always something new and we try our best to keep up! We would also point out that through our research we have found that some of these surveillance cameras do require a cloud subscription at a small extra cost (often monthly), and where ever possible we point that out, but do check before you buy.
To save you from having to read through this well researched article, we’ve listed 3 different best dog cameras in an easy to digest table to make it easier to find what our recommended best dog camera is.
This table is regularly updated.
1. Furbo Dog Camera
Wherever you keep your furry friend close, Furbo is the best with this. It looks great and can pass as an accessory and fit well in your home. It has a 2-way chat and barking alert, its sensor is made for dogs. It sends a push notification to your smartphone when it detects barking. It allows you know what is going on at home and you are able to talk to your dog to calm it down via the app.
Furbo uses Dog recognition technology to send you dog activity when in distress or hungry, selfie alerts and person alert in case of unauthorized entry into your home. It’s also fun and interactive as you can toss a treat. Treats are launched with a downward arc motion, a quick pooch would be able to jump up and catch them! You are also able to live stream video to monitor your dog day and night. It allows you to take photos or record videos with Furbo app and share the precious moments with your loved ones.
We recently reviewed Furbo in a standalone article, see our full review here: Review of the Furbo Dog Camera
- Fun treat tossing as you can do this via the free Furbo iOS/Android app for your dog. Fill it with over 100 pieces of your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch.
- 1080p Camera & Night Vision with a 160º wide-angle view, day and night. Slight downward angle of camera so it can be placed up out of the way.
- 2-Way Chat and barking alert.
- Comes with a free smart dog alerts trial
- Works with amazon alexa
- Easy 3-Step Setup: 1) plug into a power outlet using its USB cord 2) download the Furbo app 3) connect to your home Wi-Fi.
- Free app, no cloud subscription costs
- Rate 4.0/5.0 on Amazon
This is one of the most popular pet cameras available due to its sleek and night vision features. It is easy to set and help your pet in keeping fit with its ultra-red play light even when you are not near or around. Simply swipe your fingers across the screen on the laser light and control the game as it plays while you watch. It is exciting for both you and your dog even when at work. The set-up on Petcube is easier than ever. The app gives a short walk through, and then with 2 clicks, you’re connected to your home Wi-Fi network. The quality of the image and video is much improved! There is no fuzziness to the images, everything is clean and crisp.
- Watch, talk and hear features: 1080p HD video, 138˚wide-angle view, night vision, 3x digital zoom, two-way audio
- It has a built-in human and pet safe laser toy controlled from your phone or set to autoplay mode to regularly play and exercise your pet
- Provides home security with its built-in motion and sound detection.
- All users start with a free trial to Petcube Care, our video cloud recording service that stores your pet’s activity history. After your free trial, choose the plan that works for you.
- Ideal as it compatible with ALEXA and can use voice commands to activate autoplay games with your pet
- App-enabled: easy setup via free Petcube App, iOS 8.4 and higher or Android 4.3 and higher (2.4GHz Wi-Fi).
- This model doesn’t have a treat dispenser, however Petcube Bites is their treat dispensing option.
3. Maisi HD Pet Camera
If you are looking for a wireless security IP camera with enhanced Wi-Fi, can monitor your pet while you are away, get the Maisi HD pet camera. The Maisi HD has an attractive design, an easy setup process, and impressive features as stated by 890 happy customers who purchased it. Check the reviews on Amazon. It can be remotely viewed and record from anywhere on desktop computers with standard web browsers such and on smart devices such as iPhones and Android mobiles with included MIPC app. The monitor is shipped with advanced camera management software plus quick setup guide and a network cable included.
- Ability to connect via smartphone by simply scanning the QR code on the camera.
- High-quality HD video combined with enhanced firmware features for smoother video.
- Auto IR-Cut filtering for better color accuracy.
- Supports remote viewing and recording.
- Continuous day/night surveillance is accomplished with powerful IR-LEDs for night vision up to 15-20m.
- A super wide lens 110 Degree viewing angle means nothing will slip by your MAISI.
- Includes motion detection, push alerts via mobile phones, local recording to SD card (NOT included) storage.
- Product dimensions 4.3×4.3×5.9cm
- Item is lightweight and medium size- weight 200g
- Rate 4.3/5.0 on Amazon.
- The camera works at 2.4 GHz, not 5GHz.
4. Pawbo Pet Camera
Pawbo pet camera is one of the most versatile pet cameras in the market with its attractive design, easy setup process and wide camera lens which will allow you to snap photos and share your pet and family adorable images on social media. With manual and automatic modes it allows you to set laser game for your dog. This will give them enough exercise and still you will be able to interact with your pet remotely. The inbuilt mic enables you to listen, talk and reward your pet with favourite snack anytime and anywhere. It has multiple cameras that connect up to 8 users at a go.
- Pawbo Life camera (PPC-21CL) w/ 720p HD live video,
- 130° wide-angle lens, and 4x digital room
- Built-in microphone/speaker/laser/treat.
- Instant social sharing.
- Remote Pawbo Theme Park accessories
- Accommodate multiple Pawbo cameras.
- Easy setup Pawbo Life app: support iOS 8 or later (iPhone, iPad, and iPod) and Android 4.0.3 or later version.
- Wi-Fi environment require 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) connectivity with WPA2-AES encryption.
- Does not have Night vision features hence you cannot monitor your pet in the dark or dim light.
5. IeGeek 1080P WiFi Pet Camera
The ieGeek markets itself as an all rounder, a camera that can be used in multiple settings, as a baby monitor, pet camera, indoor CCTV.
Featuring two way audio capability, a 1080P wifi camera, which has a 355 degree horizontal and 90 degree vertical rotation range, eliminating blind spots. The camera supports motion tracking, and has crying baby (audio) detection which will alert you to abnormal behaviours via the app.
Like other cameras, it works via a smartphone app, with a quick QR code scanning connection, it only takes one minute to configure.
The camera utilises two storage methods, either to record and save video to the personalised extra cloud service (subscribable in the app), or by an SD card (purchase separately), so consider any extra costs too. However for the price it is a highly rated camera in all uses from pets to children.
- Efficient Two-Way Audio with two modes – intercom and hands free.
- Baby Crying Detection – ieGeek Smart Camera can help you detect the abnormal behaviors of your baby and inform you timely of what has happened through the App (only under Cloud).
- Indicator light switch – Meanwhile, the infrared light can be turned off to avoid disturbing your baby or pets by LED glaring, to create a comfortable environment for your family.
- User-friendly Interface and Intuitive APP – QR code scanning connection, takes 1 minute to access the app. Customize app settings – mobile tracking, alarm sensitivity, sound decibel adjustment, alarm frequency, password protection, camera sharing and more.
- 1080P Camera with Motion Tracking ieGeek Wifi camera with H.265 video compression technology, give you more clearer image and high resolution videos. Using advanced technology, ieGeek 1080P smart camera supports motion tracking to track and capture its movements automatically.
- Personalized Cloud Storage Enjoy the loop-recording with extra cloud service with no storage limited. You can also get more fun settings through cloud storage, such as time switch, humanoid detection, abnormal noises detection and more.
6. Clever Dog Smart Camera
The updated Clever Dog smart camera has a wide angle 360 degree lens meaning a full range of view, night vision and two way audio.
Easy to set up, download the app and add the device, connect the wifi via the app and get started.
The infared night vision allows upto 15ft viewing in complete darkness. The camera has motion detection and can take an abnormal picture when motion is detected and send it to your phone (sensitivity can be changed or switched off too).
Storage for the device can be either with micro SD card (7 days video can be sotred on 128GB) or cloud.
For the price, this handy little cam stands up to the market, we like how it is small, lightweight, can be wall mounted, and is packed with the same featured that most of these pet cameras are displaying. Definitily a good value option and we think the wide angle viewing lens makes it ideal for those who want that extra security in the home too.
- Day&night HD lens makes pictures purer and clearer.
- All-glass optical lens, digital noise reduction.
- Smart camera 120° Wide Angle,960P Higher resolution,Super wide lens are the perfect choice for monitoring large areas
- Support both 128GB local record and cloud storage(Need to charge)
- Motion detection and intelligent alarm provide more efficient alarm accuracy than normal cameras.
- Captures abnormal pics and sends them to user’s cellphone for better safety
- Remotely watch home anytime and anywhere with real-time video.Connected with WIFI,the camera can help you to keep your house safe through cellphone or other mobile terminals with fluent and clear pictures
- Infrared night vision enables you watch your home clearly even the dark
- Local-storage in TF card(up to 128GB),quickly load video data
- Any wonderful moment(real-time video)could be shared with 5 families
7. Vimtag Video Monitor
The Vimtag video monitor is a multipurpose video monitoring system. It can function as a Baby & Pet Monitor, Nanny Cam, Vacation Home Monitor, and Senior Monitor. It is convenient, just scan the QR code for easy 4 step setup real plug and play 5-minute setup.it has a WPS button for easy Wi-Fi(2.4GHz need) connection setup and has strong and heavy rubber based material. Superior high quality and clear image providing you with an extensive visual field to keep track of your dog. There is a built-in microphone allowing two-way audio communication your dog know he is not alone even when you are far and you can speak to your dog and hear them at home and monitor their noise level. The Vimtag video monitor would suit someone who is looking for a great range of viewing angles.
- Remote Live Video Streaming via Smart Phone, Tablet, and PC App, No browser needed.
- Support multiple-users access.
- Has a remote Pan and Tilt, Motion Detection Snap Shot alerts.
- Clear Two-Way Voice built-in mic and speaker.
- Internet Access Required Wired or Wi-Fi (2.4GHz).
- 3 times Digital Zoom,
- Super Clear Night Vision up to 10M.
- Internal SD Card slot (Max 128GB) for video recording and playback.
- 6mm Lens H.264 video compression format with maximum clarity
- Stunning HD Video Quality 1280 x 720p and clear image.
- 350 Degree x 100 degree covers every corner of your home,
- 2 IR LEDs for Night Vision Up to 10 Meters.
- The camera itself needs to be plugged into a power outlet.
8. Ba vision Pet Monitoring Camera
the Ba Vision pet monitoring system is wireless security monitor that works through your WiFi connection. It is quick and easy to set up and gives you remote live video streaming that can function with smartphones, tablets, and desktop or laptop computers. The video is high-quality HD. It allows reassure or entertain your dog when you are out with its two-way microphone feature. It also has a night vision option, which provides a good quality image. The camera can pan or tilt, horizontally by 355 degrees or vertically by 120 degrees.
- Easy quick Wi-Fi setup via Wi-Fi and you will have your home security IP camera running in about 5 minutes.
- Nothing will slip up from your surveillance with the night vision of the Bavision Security IP Camera. The IR will register every movement and activity even at night! Ideal nanny cam, elderly monitoring and dog monitor camera.
- Pan tilt – When there is a movement that you want to track, pan and tilt the camera easily with a remote. The full pan and tilt coverage is 355 degrees and the monitor security camera has an ultra-wide 120-degree viewing angle.
- High-quality image and two-way clear audio- Stunningly crisp HD camera quality (1080p) and high-quality two-way audio will make the videos and surveillance crystal clear.
- Motion detection- One of the best features of this security camera is the motion detection feature that will capture and send alarm photos and videos to your email.
- There is no digital zoom and you can only record your footage to the TF card.
9. Dog Camera 1080P FHD WiFi IP Camera
Many of the cameras we have reviewed have maketed as both pet cams and baby monitors as well as home surveillance, and this one is one of those too. Essentially, these products are all very similar, what makes them fit for our ‘top ten’ is that they get great feedback from customers and enjoy high product ratings as a result. This camera features a high resolutuion wide angle wifi camera with motin detection technology. Real time alerts when you are out, via the easy to setup iphone/android app. Reassure your pet when they are alone.
Night vison is also a feature with a range of upto 30ft, and two way audio means the camera is packed with features, again at a great price. What do we like? Well we can’t help but notice that it looks somewhat canine in its design, with a little head, body and tail! And of course value for money is a must. It doesnt have the treat throwing capacity of the likes of Furbo, though not everyone needs or wants this feature.
- Quick And Stable 2.4G Wifi Connection ：Fast WiFi setup via mobile App “LiveYes” on iPhone/Android smartphone/tablets/Windows PC(it can’t support MAC). This pet camera supports remote access via mobile App as long as you have a WIFI, 3G, 4G network.
- Feel Protected:Motion Detection and wide-angle HD IP night vision capabilities
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom Camera for Multiple-View： pet camera provides horizontal 350° and vertical 80°rotation with 4x digital zoom function for a complete coverage of your home.
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Camera works with 2.4GHz network (Incompatible with 5GHz).
- Micro sd card is not included. Class-10 micro sd card ( up to 64G )is supported.
- Rates 4.3/5 on amazon
10. Skymee Camera
At first glance, Skymee appears very much like the market leader Furbo. It certainly holds onto a similar price tag, if a little cheaper, and has a smilar camera, two way audio feature, treat dispender and app.
Night vision is also a feature with infared LEDs, and even the indicator lights on the device are the blue and yellow colours that dogs can see and become familiar with. When the app is used, the indicator light turns from yellow to blue to show the dog you are around.
The skymee app is free to users, no subscriptions are required. Only one device can be added by an app account to heighten security and prevent intrudors peeping.
Essentially this camera has replicated many of the features of market leaders and it has been highly rated as a pet cam. It doesn’t perhaps have quite the sleek design of Furbo (no bamboo covers here!) but is created from highly durable materials to prevent damage from your pets claws and teeth.
Overall,if you’re looking for a dog-specific, treat tossing interactive camera, Skymee certainly fits the bill and will do the trick, even though it is at the pricier end of the market.
- 1080p Full HD Camera: With Full HD, 4x zoom and night vision, you will be able to see your dog clearly day and night.
- 2-Way Audio: Petalk AI will notify you when your pet trick or treat by motion detection. Know what’s going on at home and keep your dog calm down.
- Happy Treat Dispenser:toss your dog’s favorite treats(recommend size 0.6cm~1.1cm) and play with it, let your baby dog chase the treats to stay active and excited.
- Take photos or record videos with the Skymee app. Share the joyful moments with friends and family
- Easy setup: Plug in to a power outlet using USB cord =>Download the full free app”Skymee” =>Connect to 2.4G wifi. Contact technical support at any time via the app.12-hour response service is friendly offered. At Skymee, ZERO Risk purchase guarantee is for every customer’s smiles.
As most pet owners are I am sure they are apprehensive about leaving their beloved animals when going away, I was probably more so than most. With the best will in the world, there will be times that you need to leave your dog without companionship for some hours and this is when monitoring comes in handy. With a dog monitor, you are able to make sure that your dog is relaxed and happy when left alone. It is a way of being there even though you are far. The best dog monitor is the one that is reliable, can be accessed easily by you and can fit your budget and reliance the correct information in text and visual. Every household would definitely benefit from a pet monitor or camera that updates you on your best friend.
#check our Recommended Dog tracker article