The Best Pet Tracking Devices of 2018
- The Best Pet Tracking Devices of 2018
- Best Dog Tracker
- Buyers Guide when choosing a tracker, please consider:
- The 13 best dog trackers
- #1 – Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
- #2 – Pod 3 Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
- #3 – Dynotag web/GPS Enabled Tracker
- #4 – SafePet4Me Tracker Review
- #5 – Garmin Alpha 100/TT 15 Mini Bundle Review
- #6 – FitBark Dog monitor Review
- #7 – SportDOG Tek 2.0 Tracker Review
- #8 – Loc8tor (Lite) Pet GPS for Dogs review
- # 9 – Whistle GPS Pet Tracker
- #10 – Pebbell GPS Tracker
- #11 – Kippy GPS Tracker Monitor
- #12 – ReachFar GPS Pet Tracker
- Final thoughts
Have you lost a valuable item and felt so bad wishing it could give you a sign for faster locating? It is even worse when you know your furry friend can be facing a threat. GPS, GSM and Bluetooth Dog trackers technology has made this possible to keep track of our four legged friends.
It’s not as if tracking technology is new. We have seen the fitness trackers take the British by storm in recent years. Everyone is tracking how many steps they’ve taken, their sleep duration and miles run, we have it on our childrens backpacks. Therefore, adopting this technology for dog or cats will be easy. Technology has enabled us to monitor our dogs when far with the best GPS locators, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth usage and satellite mapping. You can be at work, home, on a trip but still have a piece of mind as you track your furry friend.
Considering how our dogs bring so much happiness and relaxation into our lives it is our duty to keep them happy, safe and healthy. 66000 lost, stolen, injured and stray dogs are handled by councils in the UK every year, this is based on the latest research figures and we can reduce this by getting pet trackers for our loved pooches. At Rangers Dog, We have tested plenty of pet trackers to help you make an informed choice when procuring one.
Best Dog Tracker
|Best Value||Best Performance||Best Overall|
|Name||Tractive GPS Pet Tracker||Tractive GPS Pet Tracker||Pod 3 - GPS Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor|
|Uses Zone & Geofence||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can it be Upgraded||Yes||-||Yes|
|Has Subscription Fees||Yes||-||Yes|
Buyers Guide when choosing a tracker, please consider:
Is the tracker long lasting, is it waterproof, does it have a guarantee in case of defects? Consider if your pet is large and active.
- Battery life
Most trackers use battery, one should consider how long the battery can last if it is charged because your dog can get lost for many days hence if your battery can last for 3 days or 5 or 30 it will make all the difference for your dog.
- Continue costs
Cost in terms of subscription and maintenance should be clear and the dog owner should know is it monthly or annually subscription. But with the internet devices use of Google maps to ascertain your pet whereabouts has ensured the subscription is fading off. The
Some trackers can find your dog within inches while others have a wider locating radius of about 10 feet hence consider this too.
The tracker should be accurate and fast in transmitting data in case your furry best friend wanders away.
The 13 best dog trackers
#1 – Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
Never lose your dog again with Tractive Dog tracker. The tractive GPS pet tracker is the best-selling Global Positioning System tracker on Amazon. The Tractive GPS tracking device for pets and other animals will always let you know where your pet is, check the location of your pet in a browser or using one of their free mobile apps for smartphones (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone). The real-time GPS Pet tracker is 100% waterproof, recommended for pets over 9 pounds (4.5 kg) and only weighs 35 grams. The Tractive GPS device leverages the cell phone infrastructure to communicate with the Tractive apps. In order for this to work, Tractive has agreements with many cell phone operators and carriers all over the world. As long as one of the networks is available, the Tractive GPS Tracker will work. It is the smallest GPS tracking device with an integrated Sim-card which can be securely attached to your dog collar and allows you to track your dog from your computer or smartphone. you are able to view your dog when it leaves home and where it is heading and if it leaves the speculated area an alert is sent to you.It has a reliable real-time location tracking and monthly service fee is affordable start at £4.49(price may change). Depending on the cell coverage (2G and 2.5G) of the different carriers, you might not have signal everywhere. Typically Tractive should work wherever your cell phone works, but 100% coverage cannot be guaranteed. Tractive has no SMS costs and hidden fees.The service fee is a flat fee. Tractive offers different service option.
- Compatible with iOS, Android and window smartphone.
- Batteries last 2-5 days when fully charged.
- Used to track cats, horses, and kids, cars, suitcases, people, and pet.
- Lightweight 35g and waterproof.
- Smallest GPS tracking device with an integrated SIM-card.
- Reliable real-time location tracking, requires T-Mobile coverage.
- Safety adhered to- The integrated light not only helps to find missing pets in the dark, but also increases the visibility of your pet when going for a walk close to roads.
- Easy to set making it the simplest pet tracker yet effective on the market.
- Enables you to track your pet live over the internet or the Tractive Apps.
- Tractive uses GPS and communicates through cell phone towers, which enable you to track your pet 24/7.
- Monthly fee paid, since using the cell phone towers and infrastructure has costs associated with it, a small monthly or annual fee has to be charged by Tractive.
- GPS device relies on cell services so will not work out of range.-need a second backup tracker.
#2 – Pod 3 Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
Although in this article we might state Pod 3 might be the best dog tracker we recommend you read through this article as every dog tracker will have its pros and cons and as wise said: “one shoe does not fit all”. Pod 3 is the latest in pet care technology, helping you look after your pet even when you are not around. Attach the small GPS tracking device to your pet’s collar to track them on your phone with the click of a button. Managing your pet’s health and safety has never been easier with escape alerts and activity monitoring. Unlike Bluetooth trackers which have a limited range, Pod 3 can find Fido in over 175 countries across the globe. Weighing in at only 31 grams, the Pod 3 is a small, lightweight cylindrical tracker suited for all dog sizes even the smallest dogs without causing discomfort and that is why even cat lovers use them too on their cats. Although dog trackers are made for their finding feature we cannot ignore their aesthetics, the Pod 3 is actually both stylish and subtle. The Pod 3 uses the 3 communication cornerstones of GPS tracking – Wi-Fi (which helps deliver faster positions and offers the ability to locate indoors), GSM Cellular and Bluetooth which gives it more access channels if one fails. It’s perfect for outdoors as it is waterproof with IPX7 rating makes it superior to some of the other GPS brands. 5% OFF Storewide with code SAS517.
- Global GPS pet tracker with escape alerts – Receive alerts on your phone when your pet leaves your set boundary.
- Activity monitoring – Monitor your pet’s fitness levels to make sure they are staying active.
- Record adventures – Record up to 8 hours of your pet’s secret life with continuous tracking.
- Global range: Pod works in 175 countries around the world. You can even locate between countries, which is awesome.
- GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 2G/3G Cellular Coverage,
- Re-usable Strap.
- The smallest GPS pet tracker that fits any size collar – suitable for both dogs and cats
- Designed for pets and pet parents – the small fully waterproof unit includes removable batteries.
- 4 tracking technologies allow you to track your pet indoors and outdoors.
- Cell reception is required for the Pod to communicate back to the app, using 2G & 3G network.
#3 – Dynotag web/GPS Enabled Tracker
Dynotags contain no GPS, battery, electronics or radio. A dynotag is a Web-enabled, GPS assisted QR Smart Tag that can be read using a smartphone or any modern web browser. The advanced Dynotag Cloud Service (DCS) functions as great works every time. Dynotags can be managed and viewed via any modern web browser on any computer or smartphone. Made from strong steel and coated with a protective layer, this deluxe waterproof/weatherproof property tag is handsome and tough and has a braided stainless steel loop included. Place a drop of glue in the steel loop screw connector to make it permanent. This is web-powered and can work anywhere on the globe within internet coverage and give you email notifications if need be. Uses PASSIVE GPS tech to track when the tag is viewed. Maintenance is free as no monthly subscription is required. It is easy to set up, you activate the tag and your dog is good to go. This tracker comes with gold-level full functionality and lifetime subscription is included. It requires no batteries and it is easy to use if your pet is lost and someone scans the QR code using any smartphone it will notify you of your dogs’ location.
- Simple to use: Just create a free account at Dynotag.com, sign in, then click activate tag on top.
- Secure activation makes sure only the tag owner can manage the tag, others can only view it.
- No app needed every dynotag has a private web page that is addressed by the QR code or the provided unique web address – this enables a dynotag to be easily readable by smartphones (scan the QR code) or any web browser on any computer by visiting the included unique web address.
- Works anywhere on the planet with Internet. You do not have to be in the vicinity of your tag to update its contents, just sign into your Dynotag account and update your tag content as you need.
- Tough, waterproof, weatherproof. NO electronics to break, NO batteries to die when you need them most. All needed functionality and ample room included for life,
- NO subscription plan is needed.
- Offer advanced security features that include enabling/disabling of the tag by the owner.
- Password protection of the tag information as directed by the owner, as well as password protection of individual files uploaded.
- Made from strong steel and coated with a protective layer, this deluxe waterproof/weatherproof property tag is handsome, tough and functional.
- Comes with a braided stainless steel loop to securely attach to any property.
#4 – SafePet4Me Tracker Review
SAFEPET4ME, SPM4M-18, is waterproof and can withstand powerful jets of water. Best for dogs who love swimming, water activities or walk in the rain, the device will not get damaged.it is lightweight, small, and has sleek design for your furry friend comfort. It also works based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites. SP4M-18 can locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS or internet. It is the most advanced technology of GPS and AGPS dual positioning. Its software is supported by an Apple application (free download from iTunes) or Google Maps to ensure you can always monitor where the tracker is. The accuracy is within five meters via updates sent every five seconds, the ability to replay one year of stored history among its features. The Ability to hear sounds around the trackers via cell phone (limited) and settings that can be pre-programmed to send a text message to authorized phone numbers if the tracker goes over the pre-programmed speed limit. This FCC–certified pet tracker is attached to an existing pet collar or harness with a clip or chain. Weighs 2 ounces and is suitable for dogs. It is fast to connect for tracking it takes 45 to 120 seconds. The free pet tracking app is downloadable on iOS and Android device. The SafePet4Me tracking system support geo-fencing hence you are able to set safe zones for your pet and receive alerts if the dog leaves the area. It updates you after 5 seconds and accuracy of this GPS pet tracking system is within 16 feet. The cons include being one of the expensive pet trackers on the market and does not have a review yet on Amazon to gauge it.
- Easily available on iTunes and Google maps.
- Fast and accurate-updates after every 5 seconds.
- Waterproof and lightweight- 2 ounces.
- Software that is supported by an Apple application (free download from iTunes) or Google Maps.
- The free pet tracking app is downloadable on iOS and Android devices.
- Can locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS or internet.
- Geo-fence- can be pre-programmed to send a text message to authorized phone numbers if the tracker goes over the pre-programmed speed limit.
- Has the ability to replay one year of stored history.
- One of the expensive pet trackers on the market.
- No review yet on Amazon to gauge it.
#5 – Garmin Alpha 100/TT 15 Mini Bundle Review
Garmin Alpha 100/TT 15 mini bundle is a multi-dog tracking GPS and remote training device in one, and an invaluable tool in the field, it helps you achieve optimum performance from your sporting dogs. It combines proven Garmin GPS dog tracking with Tri-Tronics electronic dog training technology. This easy-to-use integrated handheld system allows you to track and train your dogs in the field at a range of up to 9 miles (TT 15) or 4 miles (TT 15 mini) away, delivering their exact position as often as every 2.5 seconds. Track Your Dogs by measuring each dog’s speed, distance and the direction being traveled. Plus, receive notifications when a dog is on the move or stationed at one place. A single Alpha 100 can track up to 20 dogs or fellow hunters by receiving signals from additional Alpha 100 handhelds, TT 15 and TT 15 mini dog devices (each sold separately). Or, choose tracking only with the new T5 or T5 mini dog devices. With competitions that do not allow stimulation, tone or vibe, the compatible T 5 or T 5 mini tracking devices are an excellent alternative. And, if you’re using a vehicle to follow and retrieve your dogs, the Garmin Drive Track 70 dog tracker and GPS navigator (sold separately) provides an easy-to-watch pictorial solution. The 7-inch moving map display shows dog positions overlaid on TOPO contours or satellite image views – along with navigation cues that help point you to your dog’s current location. With BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) it allows you to have a better-than-real-life view of terrain, including roads, water, woods and more. Its two modes of level progression let you customize your training even further. Alpha 100 helps you train and control your dogs to stop chasing unwanted game. Easy to access training buttons allow you to communicate separately to each dog through safe and effective features, including 18 levels of momentary and 18 levels of continuous stimulation or an audible tone or vibe command. Plus, a lockout setting is available to avoid accidental stimulation or tone. When using the TT 15 or TT 15 mini, you can switch to Rescue Mode to prolong the battery life. This mode conserves the battery life of the TT 15 or TT 15 mini, giving you more time to search for and locate your dog. With their BaseCamp software it is easy to plan your trips as it lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin memories and adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription. You are also able to turn your computer Into a BaseStation for Tracking Dogs, just load your laptop with BaseStation software to turn it into a field control center for tracking multiple dogs and/or buddies (up to 20 Alpha units, TT 15 or T 5 dog devices). View real-time GPS information on the larger display of your computer, making it ideal for canine search and rescue teams. it is a safer, secure and more effective tracking, even where Internet and cell phone service isn’t available because of use of GPS and Glonass.
- Glove-friendly transflective, 65-K color 3-inch touchscreen.
- Preloaded maps make outdoor recreation activities fun with automatic road maps set.
- Know where other hunters in your group are. Set your Alpha to show not only the dogs in your group, but also the other Alpha handhelds too (up to 20 TT 10/15/15 mini or Alpha units.
- Keep Your Dogs on Track-From the training screen, correct and recall multiple dogs (with extra TT 10/15/15 mini devices) with the help of Tri-Tronics electronic training.
- Can setup virtual boundaries on your map and receive an alert if your dog strays out of your geofence so you can recall him right away.
- Track and Train Your Dogs based on where they are with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. These highly-detailed raster maps provide a realistic bird’s eye view of roads, parking areas, buildings, and terrain, including tree lines, lakes, rivers and streams. They are a great way to supplement the comprehensive topographic maps on your Alpha.
- Track and Train 20 Dogs up to 9 miles (TT 15) or 4 miles (TT 15 mini) away, from the compass screen, get in-depth speed, direction traveling and distance away information for any dogs you have selected and correct any dog on this screen without falsely correcting the others.
- Get the information you always need, like your dog’s state (moving or on-point/treed), distance from the Alpha device, total distance traveled, speed and update rate, all on one screen.
- Electronic compass
- Hunter-to-hunter position reporting with preset messaging capability.
- 18 training levels of continuous and momentary stimulation.
- Tone and vibration alerts
- Measures dogs’ speed and distance traveled.
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data).
- Not compatible with Astro.
#6 – FitBark Dog monitor Review
FitBark Dog monitor Inspire a healthy lifestyle for your dog, and you as you can set relevant health goals (vs. similar dogs) and monitor your dog’s everyday activity and sleep 24/7. Chart your dog’s progress next to yours linking your personal fitness tracker. Get peace of mind when travelling, or when apart. Keep yourself and others honest, accountable and informed. Enable your friends, dog walkers, daycares, boarding providers, veterinarians and anyone else in the life of your pet to share memorable moments with you via the Fitbark journal. Get new behavioural and medical monitoring insights. Watch your dog closely when they are not feeling well. Monitor the development of certain issues (for example, post-surgical recovery, rehabilitation, osteoarthritis, separation anxiety, dermatitis, weight loss etc.) and make better decisions with your vet. It is tiny, ruff and waterproof with long battery life. Fitbark is beautiful & tiny (8 grams), and fits snugly on the collar of dogs of any size. Chihuahuas and Tibetan mastiffs are both welcome – just use a collar not wider than 1.18 inch. It is also rugged and waterproof and has battery life up to 14 days.
- Monitor your dog’s everyday activity 24/7 and set health goals.
- Explain changes in behavior (rest, active and play time).
- Compare with similar dogs and even yourself.
- Make better decisions with your vet and share memorable moments with friends and family.
- Beautiful, tiny (8 grams, fits dogs of any size), rugged and waterproof.
#7 – SportDOG Tek 2.0 Tracker Review
This tracking device is suitable for dogs weighing over eight pounds with a neck size of 13 inches or more. It works with FHSS, GPS and GLONASS which is a secondary satellite system and therefore does not need a cellular network to operate hence no monthly subscription. It has a seven-mile tracking range. FHSS which is short for Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum and what that does is it provides immunity to signal interference & allows for higher transmitter output power, resulting in superior range performance. It has a range of 10 miles or 16km. It can be submersible up to 7.6m of water and the handheld device 1.5m as it is waterproof. It can be used to track a pack of dogs up to 21 dogs at once using additional collars. With fully loaded colour maps that help provide you with the location of your dog, or 21 dogs at once. SportDOG ensures that its features prove this is the pinnacle of tracking perfection. The Map Offers a full-screen view of any map data that has been loaded on the Handheld Device. A GPS cursor displays your current location and additional GPS-related information. The handheld device has 8 hours of battery life and collar has 24 hours per charge on a 3-second reporting. It is durable and long lasting which can stay for 5 years. It comes with a 2 years manufacturers warranty. It can also be used for dogs on training or hiking. It updates every 2.5 seconds which is very fast.
Issues with the tracking device are that its expensive than others in the market, however, they are accurate and provide security and fast update. It is amazing with its up the top features making it one of the most advanced tracking devices in the market.
- Up to 16 km range using HopTek technology
- Track up to 21 dogs or Handheld Devices.
- DRYTEK GPS collar – waterproof and submersible up to 7.6m. Handheld Device is waterproof and submersible up to 1.5 m
- Unlimited lifetime map updates.
- Included desktop application for downloads and updates.
#8 – Loc8tor (Lite) Pet GPS for Dogs review
Ever worry about losing your pet? It is unthinkable and the best way to ascertain their whereabouts is a Loc8tor pet GPS tracker to help track your pet. it has been an award-winning product assuring you it comes highly recommended. It is a small and light of its kind as the handset is the size of a credit card weigh 5 grams and makes it extremely easy to use where ever it’s needed. It will pick up the signal emitting from your pet’s collar as soon as you press the locate button, provided you’re in range. It has a splash-proof case making it durable. It has a locate mode which alerts you when your dog leaves a predefined boundary. Do not let your dog be a statistic? Get a Loc8tor tracker which will guide you where to walk to find your dog with Audio & visual cues on a handset and Tag guide you to within 2.5cm / 1 inch.
- Great Range – Up to 122 meters /400 feet (clear line of sight).
- Ultra-portable – Handset is the size of a credit card.
- Pack Contents: 1 x Loc8tor Pet, 2 x Mini Homing Tags,2x Pet Splash proof cases,2x Splash proof cases, Key ring loop, and adhesive strips, Wall mount bracket, Multi-language user guide, All batteries included.
- Direction finding transmitter for cats with precise direction details.
- Tabcat Detector for cats, dogs, keys and mobile phones, it will take you directly on to your pet or item
- Visual and acoustic signal of the hand the unit and the transmitter take you up to 2 cm to the pet.
- Has to be within range- to be in a tracked specified area.
- Not ideal for hilly or mountain areas as it has to be within a clear line of sight.
# 9 – Whistle GPS Pet Tracker
Whistle GPS is the most popular selling GPS Pet tracker as it offers you 3 distinctive characters most dog lovers will want: 1. On-demand notifications on a smartphone, 2. Track and find your pet anywhere on our map app and can switch to satellite view, 3. Health benefits as you can set custom goals and identify behaviour changes based on trends. Whistle 3 combines GPS, cellular and Wi-Fi technology to give you the most comprehensive and accurate tracking nationwide. The device attaches to your dog’s collar with a plastic clip and a rubber strap. The tracker itself slides in and out of the clip easily, so you can remove it and place it in the charger base station as needed. The Whistle itself is water-resistant (not waterproof), with an IP67 rating.
- Can set custom safe places using Wi-Fi and get quick alerts.
- Track and find your pet anywhere 24/7.
- View your pet activities for the last 24 hours.
- Pet can go with you swimming as the device is durable and waterproof.
- Can check on multiple pet with one account.
- Long battery life.
- Set activity goals and track progress.
- The Whistle connects to the Internet over 3G only.
- No adventure tracking.
#10 – Pebbell GPS Tracker
The Pebbell GPS Tracker is compact and ideal for any pet. This GPS Dog Collar tracking device is small and perfect for your pet and fits on any collar & harness. It’s ideal for anyone who can’t or won’t use a conventional mobile phone. The reason why this one has been added even though it’s actually on the expensive side and its main feature, the alarm. This emergency locator and alarm is ideal for your loved ones and cares to locate and speak with each other. It can be used by families of people living with dementia, cares for people living with medical conditions and families with children too also it is so easy to adapt to a dog. If your dog is lost and someone finds your dog but cannot find you, the finder just needs to press the SOS button. Once this has been pressed; an SOS text message is sent to all the registered contacts (3 nominated SOS contacts) that contain key information about the status of the device. The Pebbell’s two-way speech allows you to directly communicate with the contact.
- Inbuilt rechargeable battery with an adapter.
- SOS Alarm Button.
- Full Roaming UK and EU SIM.
- LIVE GPS Tracking and Lost Signal.
- Fall Detection and Movement Sensor.
- Long Battery Life of 10 days and Low Battery warning.
- Geo-fence Location Alerts.
- Lightweight 35g.
- Two-way communication so you can chat to pet finder.
- Need a human to activate SOS button.
- Not ideal for hunting or extreme weather walking (not waterproof).
#11 – Kippy GPS Tracker Monitor
Kippy Vita is the greatest GPS and activity monitor designed for pets, all in 1 device. Take care of your beloved pet. With the easy App you always know where your pet is and what it does, with no limits of tracking and unlimited distance. It gives tips and if you create a “safe area” Kippy Vita will notify you if your pets goes outside. The Kippy Vita GPS is made of steel making it more cumbersome. It weighs 45g which is bigger than majority of the better trackers we review. It does have a unique design though with different coloured fascias and has an app for both IOS and Android which is very handy for smart phone users. It is waterproof, shockproof and tough and also comes with a generous 2 year warranty.
- Has an anti-shock feature which ensures the safety of your pet.
- GPS can provide you with updates every six seconds.
- You can set customized goals and ensure that they are met.
- It is easy to install on the harness.
- 4 days battery life (not 7 as advertised).
- The product feels bulky.
- The GPS occasionally lags at times and would require no obstacles and clear skies for it to respond to its full capability.
- Monthly subscription fee.
#12 – ReachFar GPS Pet Tracker
The ReachFar GPS dog tracker is a paw print (very original) designed dog tracker which clips on to an existing collar. Although it looks simple this tracking device is fully packed with amazing features and is also easy on the wallet. One catching feature which captured me on this devices is its Wi-Fi Anti-lost feature, you can set two Wi-Fi address as the safe area. If your pet get out of the safe range of your home, it will send alarm message to let you know. It also has Geo-fence bigger than safe area so when your pet gets out of the area, the device will alarm you.
- Two Wi-Fi area used as safe zones (primary & secondary Wi-Fi address).
- The ReachFar tracker has a normal mode and an accurate mode which can be activated for a real lost dog situation.
- Has an LED light feature which comes on automatically when it gets dark. Ideal for late night or early winter morning dog walkers as it gives you the dogs visual location.
- Rustproof and waterproof,
- Keeps historic location logs.
- 3 days tracking time.
- 10 days Battery life.
- Fairly easy to use App.
Dog tracker is the way to go. Technology has made everything easy to keep your dog safe and within reach even when far. Having a dog tracker or dog tracking collar can provide peace of mind. Even the most obedient dog can get distracted and lost in the right circumstances, so being able to see your pet’s location can help you relax when he’s off the lead. Get one now and keep smiling daily as you know your furry friend will be safe and traceable always.
Whistle and Pod trackers allow you to define virtual “safe areas” around your home. If your pooch walks outside of these areas, the device will send you an alert. Tractive small size and lightweight design makes it one of the best small dog GPS trackers but is let down by the battery life. Tractive can be activated to illuminate and can help find your pet in the dark. All these 3 devices allow you track their activity levels.
If your dog likes adventure and is involved in hunting, hiking and all sorts of outdoor activities then you might want to consider the SportDOG Tek 2.0. As you can see all the tracking devices have their own strength and based on what you need the tracker for you best consider all the features, pros and cons to make an informed decision.
Garmin Alpha almost took our overall favourite because of its durability, accuracy, and ability to track up to 20 dogs at ago and can be used for training. This is a streamlined GPS tracker you can attach to the collar your dog already wears, however, the Pod 3 Pet Tracker takes the crown with great useful features like the ultrasonic module which mimics a dog whistle and a torch along with the activity monitor and it is also stylish.
#check our Recommended Dog camera article